Tuesday, October 13, 2009

40 Weeks!!!!!

Yes I am still pregnant!!! This little girl is comfy in my belly. I went to the doctors today and he said I haven't changed ANY!!! I'm still 1 cm and 50% effaced. So........they scheduled me for an induction. If she doesn't come SOONER I will begin the fun Monday Oct 19. That night I will go in and they will start the induction. Its scary and exciting to think there is an end in sight. I know this could still happen sooner so there are a lot of emotions going through my body. I can't wait to see her. Today I also went in and had a NST (None stress test) and the baby looks just fine. The only thing they thought about questioning was my fluid. They like you to get a score between 8-24 and I got a 10. It was kind of fun seeing her on the ultrasound again. She did have her back to us but I got to see kind of a side view of her forehead and nose. Her little hand up by her mouth (maybe sucking her thumb!) I would have to say I get a little nervous sometimes these days, I didn't think I would but I guess that comes with realizing I'm going to have to push a baby out. Ha ha!

This last Friday I thought I had started labor nothing serious but I called my mom and sister Keesha, so they flew up on Friday night and stayed until Saturday night. I was fun having them here for a day but it did suck nothing ended up happening. I went to the hospital on Saturday because I thought my water might have started leaking but found out it hadn't. I also got to be hooked up to the monitors for a little while but the nurse told me I look perfectly fine! Now I understand why women have so many false alarms! Well hopefully the next blog will be the baby but we will have to see! Wish us luck.

3 comments:

The Button's said...

Oh my goodness! She IS comfortable in there. I don't blame her, it's cold out here! Ha! Well good luck with everything! The 19th is my nieces birthday and the 20th is my anniversary so both those days are good days! We still need to get together cause I still have your gift :) But since this is such a crazy time, maybe we should wait til after she is here, just to be on the safe side!

Rebecca said...

So frustrating! The waiting game. But, the end is VERY near. Good luck and I can't wait to see pics of you new little gal!

Kelli said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!! With the twins I went to the hospital 2 times (thinking I was in labor) and I really wasn't. I am so excited for you! I can't believe she will be here next week! Hugs and Kisses!!!!