Wednesday, April 20, 2011

~18 Months Old~

~18 Month Check up~

I can't believe my baby is 18 months old today!!! It's crazy how fast time is going by.
We had her check up today.
Here are her stats:

20 lbs 10 oz - 6%
31.25 in tall- 38%
18.7 in head- 77%


She is a tall skinny girl!! She actually hasn't changed much from her 15 month appointment. The doctor said she looked good and besides coming in, in about 8 weeks just to check her weight we don't have to go in again until she is 2 years old.
I talked to the doctor about something Kimberly has decided to do in the last three months. She holds her breath when she gets hurt (even if it doesn't hurt) and ends up kind of passing out!!! (oh joy!!!) it scared me the first time she did it but she came right out of it. She did it three more time before we went to the doctor. The doctor said it is some what normal and its called "Breath holding spells" or BHS. This is when they don't get all the oxygen they need to there brain, so they pass out, their lips may turn blue/purple, and may have seizure little twitches! He also said that she should get over it by age 2-3. I just have to warn people before I leave her with them so they know what to do if she does it.*Lay her down and put her legs up* She should come right out of it, and after 5-10 min. be right back to normal.

When Kimberly has done it: (this is more for my record)

01. In Feb 2011 we were at the clinic for her to be tested for RSV and we were waiting for her to go back. She wanted to push the stroller around (which was fine) she ended up pushing it into the bathroom and I was trying to get her to come out of the bathroom so I could turn the stroller around for her to push it some more. She started throwing a temper tantrum and pushing to try and get out of my arms. Then after only a min or two she all the sudden stopped crying and went limp! I started freaking out thinking she was having a seizure and ran out to find some one. (she was just laying on my shoulder with her eyes open) when I found someone I asked them where I could find some one to help me and they wanted to look at her. They said she looked fine and by this time she was acting normal. So I headed back to the waiting room where I had just wigged out. (very embarrasing for me) The other moms asked if she was ok and what was wrong. Of course I didn't know but I just said "temper tantrum I guess".

02. Mid Feb 2011 We were at Janica's house and the kids ran back to Janica's room to play. All of the sudden I heard a thud and Kimberly started crying so I ran back to see what had happened. Gerry was carrying her out to me and she was crying but no sound was coming out. So I picked her up and she went limp again and her eyes were opening and closing. But then after a couple seconds she was just sitting there. I just kept talking to her and telling her she was fine. I didn't freak out like the first time. Then she jumped up and went to play again.

03. March 2011 We were at dinner with Patti and Trip. Jeremy was playing with Kimberly and she bumped her head on the table. She started to cry and then went limp. Patti and I told Jeremy to get her out. (It scared Patti, Trip, and Jeremy because they hadn't seen it before) I took her and after a couple seconds she was fine and was eating dinner.

04. April 2011 Kimberly and I were at Sears and I let her get down to walk. The salesman was helping us find something and when he walked away to check on a price he didn't see her and tripped and knocked her down. She did kind of bump her head but it wasn't that bad. I picked her up and kept telling her she was ok and blew in her face (supposed to help them take a breath) and she did take a breath but then was just laying on my shoulder crying. I think I saved this one from happening.

Hopefully this isn't to bad and she grows out of it soon. Dang Temper Tantrums!!!!!

No comments: