Friday, April 17, 2009

Hospital at home!

Ok so in the last week it has been "hell" (yes I said it don't hate me!) Last Thursday night I got really sick while babysitting and thought it was just a bad day, but I was WAY wrong I ended up being sick all weekend throwing up none stop, violently and so forth. Saturday I was an emotion wreck I cried into Jeremy arm more than once. I just wanted it to stop and go away. Well Monday morning Patti got home from being out of town and had found out how sick I had been, Jeremy had been really worried, My mom said to watch myself close to see if I got any better. Well nothing still throwing up none stop, nothing staying down! So I called the doctor on Monday and she explained the next step! I.V. fluids!!!! So I head to the home care center to start my I.V. Yes I said HOME care center. My nurse tells me I will get an I.V. and be on it at home for two or three weeks!!! Have I ever mentioned how much I hate needles! Yep I do! Anyways at the center I weighed myself to find out I had lost 7 more lbs in that week (Not sure that's very healthy) After hooking me up and showing me how to get myself started and put my vitamins and nausea medicine in the bag, we headed home. I was starting to feel ok but still not great. The next day I still felt like s*** but I had hope it just needed time. My Grammi J called me that second day and I decided to come out to her house to hang out with and not be alone at home! Third day still bad, fourth day still bad but getting better (emotion day, cried whenever I talked to Jeremy) Went back into the center to change my I.V. line (it has to be changed every three days!) They changed from my left arm to my right. I got sweaty and dizzy from it! They brought in another nurse to fix it hoping to not have to poke me again (thank you!) finally got it to feel ok. Came back to Grammi's house finally starting to feel better. Ate Chicken, salad, and Watermelon (mmmmmm) kept it all down. 24 hours of not throwing up! Thank you lord! :-) Woke up this morning feeling pretty good. In all they think I caught a bug and that is why I got so sick. But man I told Jeremy yesterday yes I will eventually try for a second child but if its anything like this one we are done and Baby #1 is going to maga's and papa's for the pregnancy!!! hahaha he just laughed. I'm sure I've missed somethings but with starting to feel better maybe I'm choosing to forget things! Thank you for every ones support it has really helped get me through this in one piece! Love you all. I was going to put pictures of my hospital at home but I don't have my camera here! Sorry maybe when I get home and if I still have it in.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You poor thing... that had got to be miserable. I hope it just gets easier and easier for you.

Kelli said...

Oh Kirah! I am so sorry. That sucks! I hope you feel better and I hope that it doesn't happen again. You will forget all of the bad stuff during the pregnancy and then want to have another baby. It's strange how that works! Love you!!!!!

Wright Family said...

OH my gosh you poor girl.. I hae being sick and throwing up. When i was 7 months i got that stomach bug and i couldn't keep anything down and my stomach starting cramping. We called the doc and he said get to the er being dyhrated at 7 months can put you into early labor so i know how you feel i had to get a whole bag of Iv fluid put into me and the next few days i was so weak. Well, im glad your feel better..

When do you find out what your having?

Amy said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick, that is awful. If you don't appreciate this child more for all of this, once it is in your arms I don't know who ever will. Let me know if you need anything. Book, company, non-nauseasting food, anything. Really, I'm so close just let me know.

brooke and chad coon said...

Ugh, that sounds terrible. With Addison I was so sick every day- I could hardly get out of bed. I swore I wouldn't get pregnant again because it was such a crappy experience. But, 9 months later... I can count the number of times I've been sick with this pregnancy. It's been so much better! So, there's hope :)