Saturday, November 21, 2009

My poor baby!

MRI:

Last Tuesday Kimberly had to go in for an MRI of her spine. We started out the day with giving her, her last feeding at 5:30 a.m. and then waited to head up to primary children's hospital at 9 a.m. When we got there we had a few doctors come in and talk to us about what was going to happen and decide what kind of sedation she was going to get. They then weight her and we found our baby girl is growing like a weed. She weights 8 lbs. 13oz!!! I'm just glad she is growing! :-) Then two nurses came in and gave her an I.V. (yes I know it was hard for me to watch!) They tried in one hand and could not get the vein (it kept rolling) so the other nurse took over and did it in the other hand. I hated listening to my baby cry! Luckily Jeremy was there to hold her and make her feel better. I Think if I would have gone alone I would have lost it! ~The I.V.'s ~~Her trying to eat her hand she was so hungry poor girl~

After we waited for her turn. It only took about 15 min and they came in and offered her a blanket to take home and told us it was her turn. The nurse took us down to the MRI. They had Jeremy hold her while they gave her the sedation (Kimberly was already worn out from all the excitement she had already started to fall asleep before they gave her the medicine) They then took her into the machine and got her all set up. Then they told us we could not stay and it would take about 45 min. So Jeremy and I headed down to get me something to eat. My stomach was kind of upset but I knew I needed to eat so Kimberly would get a good feeding when she woke up. We walked around the hospital reading all the fun facts about the old Primary Children's hospitals, but of course all we could really think about was our little girl. When we got back up to the MRI they had just taken her out and were setting her up on all the machines to watch her. I hated seeing all the things hooked up to her, but was glad that they were watching her. We ended up having to wake her up to feed at about 1 p.m. she was not happy with us, she wanted to keep sleeping. She did end up eating but never opened her eyes! Jeremy then headed off to work. (we never like him to leave, but we know he has to work) We were then taken down to Same day surgery for a 12 hour observation (she had to be observed because she was under a month old!)~Her sleeping and hooked up to monitors~

Janica then came up to sit with me while we hung out. It was nice to have someone up there to talk to. Kimberly pretty much slept the whole day. She only woke up to eat but never opened her eyes. We left the hospital at 11 p.m. and arrived home around midnight. She finally did open her eyes but just long enough to eat and then feel asleep. She was so good through the whole thing I am a proud mommy!

Fun fact about that night while I was feeding her at midnight I saw the light from the metier out
my back window. I didn't know what it was until the next night. So of course a new mom the first thought that came to my mind was the cops were after someone and it was the light from a spot light. So I got scared and was trying to remember if I locked both my doors! I know I'm funny!

The reason for the MRI:

Our baby girl was born with a "Wort" looking bump right in between her butt cheeks. So the doctors have wanted her to get first an ultra sound and then an MRI of it to see if it is attached to her spine or to see if it is anything serious that we need to get it removed right away. So far the results have come back that it is NOT connected to her spine and it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. Jeremy and I have decided to get it removed just so she doesn't hav
e to deal with it when she is older. We do not know when she will get it removed we are waiting to go and see the surgeon about it. So we will keep you all updated on that. Thank you for all your support while we go through this! :-)
Her little bump!!


No comments: