Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 13

Today our day started out by waking up at 5:30 and headed to the airport. We went through the fun security and checking in for our flight. Made our way down to our gate. Where we sat for a good 5 hours. Yet again our flight was delayed by an electrical problem. I was fine with waiting for them to fix it. but I think Jer was ready to be home. While waiting I made Jeremy buy me some cadbury carmel chocolates and a coke, sense we hadn't had breakfast and it was now around 11 there time. We finally got onto the aircraft and ended up having the first two seats on the plane. 1A and 1B!!!! It was nice to get business class again. It makes the flight a lot better than sitting in the back for 7 hours. When we arrived at JFK, the next fun adventure started........we had to get off the plane locate our luggage, (which took along time for them to get it to us), go through customes, stand in a long line with all the other passangers from our flight. Everyone had pretty much missed there connections because of us being delayed in LHR for over 3 hours. It was hot and sticky down in this line, it smelled like sticky feet and B.O. but we evenially got our seat request and head to try for a flight to SLC. it was a very close flight and it didn't look like we were going to make it. I was talking to my sister Keesha and she was giving us our other options when with our luck other flights had been late and they had a lot of miss connects and we made it on the onway to SLC. I was so happy and we even got to sit next to each other. We were in seats 31D and 31E. The flight was good except there was a baby that must have been sick because he cried for a good 3 out of the 5 hour flight. Thank goodness I was too into my book to let it bug me that bad. Jeremy played a trivia game and tried to sleep. We then got home and for dinner we had McDonalds!!! Yes you read that right.......there wasn't anything else really open. After dinner we went to bed it had been a long day of flying and airports, we were glad to be back in our own bed!!! Thanks for everyone reading about our honeymoon. And I would wish this kind of trip on anyone! It was perfect

No comments: