Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun Adventures










































































































My mother-in-law Patti and I went to see my sister-in-law Natalie in Austin, TX. It was a great trip, I would have to say I love TX at least what I have seen of it. Its beautiful out there. We flew there on Thursday which was an all day flying. We left at 5am and didn't get there until 9pm there time. Flying standby means you may not get on flights. So we couldn't get on the straight flight there so we had to fly to Atlanta and then back to San Antonio (instead of Austin) and Natalie came and picked us up. On Friday we went and rented a row boat for about an hour. It was quite interesting watching us try to figure it out. Natalie and I started but I couldn't quite get the hang of it so Patti switched me spots and she did it a lot better than I was. Natalie was a pro!! We went around the river for awhile and had a lot of fun. We saw a lot of birds and Turtles. At one point Natalie decided to make us go in a circle in the boat it was fun but by the time I got the camera out to record it she was getting tired of it so I only got a short video. That night we went out to a REALLY good BBQ place called Salt Lick. You bring your own booze which is nice because most of the places you go to charge and arm and leg for drinks. Jay (Natalie's friend) went with us also. After dinner we went and got pumpkins. Natalie and I carved a pumpkin each, they turned out really cool. Mine is the skull one, I cheated and used a pattern. While we were carving the pumpkins Bailey (Natalie's dog) wanted to eat the pumpkin, But mom said NO! After a min. of watching it she laid her head down on my leg begging for some. I don't think I have carved a pumpkin in over three years. On Saturday we drove to Fredrickburg where we went to a food and wine tasting fest. I was glad I got to go try different kinds of wine. I found that I love Sweet Red wine and I don't mind White Zinfandel. They had a lot of different types of Jams/Jelly's I guess that pretty big out there. I like the Raspberry/Peach/Chipotle jelly the best, But I wasn't able to buy any. :( That night we went to dinner at a place called Ratskeller. I know.... it sounds interesting. It was really good and the place was in the basement! Hens the name!! On Sunday we shopped around for awhile and then headed back to Austin. We just hung out the rest of the time at Natalie's. I don't know if Natalie will want me to put this in here but I have to. Bailey her dog is funny, she licks the carpet all the time. I'm not sure what she likes about it but maybe she has anxiety. I put a video on to show you, she didn't do it for very long because Jay got there. It was a great trip and ended with a straight flight home! :)

No comments: