Thursday, June 21, 2012

~Potty Training~

 This last Monday we started potty training Kimberly. It has gone so well!! I am so proud of how she is doing. I wanted to post this so I can remember when we train Ali in a few years!

Monday: We sat in the bathroom a LOT! Read story's, practiced our alphabet and numbers, sang songs, etc. She didn't go much in the potty but did good at practicing. 
Tuesday: She did pee in her diaper in the morning but around 10 I took it off and we started the training again. I would take her in every half hour or so. She would feel it and run to the potty often. I let her run around naked this day and I think it worked out very well. She didn't have to remember to take anything off, she was able to just sit down on the potty and go. I set up the bathroom so she had her seat on the big potty with a stool, her small pink potty, books, and letters set up, So we were ready whenever. She did have a pee accident when she sat down to eat dinner and she pooped in the tub!! 
Wednesday: Tuesday night I put her in underwear (I didn't want to put diapers back on at all or pull ups. I know a lot of people like them but I feel like they are just like a diaper so I am choosing not to use them) She woke up Wednesday morning dry (It was at 5:45 I took her to the bathroom she went and then went back to bed, then woke up at 9:30 dry again and went in the bathroom). She finished her first sticker potty chart so we went to the dollar store for her to pick out a prize. She chose a bat and ball. Janica and her kids were there also so we decided to run to the park so they could play with there new bats and balls. After we hung out at the park for an hour we went to the library to get some new books for her. I took her to the bathroom at the library and she went in the potty. I was so proud that she didn't have an accident while we were out. This night she had two pee accidents one while watching TV. I don't think she even knew she went. Then while playing in her playroom she started going. She tried to run to the bathroom but ended up slipping on the tile. 
Thursday: She woke up dry again and I took her to the potty right away and she went in the potty. She had filled another potty chart by this time and Danielle text and asked if we would like to join them at the Zoo so I figured that could be her next prize. We had a great time at the Zoo. Kimberly went potty three times at the Zoo. One time by telling me she had to go and then two when Danielle and I went. So far she has had two pee accidents sense we have been home but I think it is because she drank a TON after getting home from the Zoo and had to go a LOT. 
I hope things stay on this path and she is accident free soon. She is getting so big!!

 She was also training Elmo how to use the big potty on Monday. I read it in a book so we tried it for the first day. She enjoys taking Elmo and showing him.



 Sweet baby Ali
 ~Zoo~
 Ali loves the snuggy!
 I was so excited the bear exhibit was open. We saw the new arrivals. 
Seals, Sea lions, Polar bear and brown bears!!

 Dominick, Kimberly and Kaydence by the seals


 The polar bear loves kids so it would swim down and come up right by the window surprising the kids. It was so cute.

 Ali's first trip to the zoo.

 Kimberly eating Ice Cream


 They liked the carousel!

 After we got home the girls were being so cute. (Like always)
Love these two girls so much..


No comments: