Tuesday, May 1, 2012

~ Her first Day~

 ~The story of her first day~

 The day before her birth we had a very busy day. It started with daddy going to the chiropractor for his back, mommy's last OB appointment, a trip to the hospital to give blood, tried looking at a store or two for a camera, finally buying a new camera from Costco, mommy, Aunt Kenzi, and Kimberly got pedicures, daddy getting swamp cooler running, going to dinner with Maga and Papa, and home to finish getting things ready for the next big day.
At my last OB appointment the doctor told me I was 2 centimeters dilated, 70 % effaced, but baby was still at a -3 station. He also asked me if I wanted to wait an addition week. I would have to say my heart dropped thinking he was going to make me wait. So I said "no I'm ready". He then said ok. woooosh!!! The rest of the day went pretty fast and before I knew it my mom (maga), dad (papa), Keesha, and Kenzi were at my house and we were heading to bed. Jeremy and I didn't get to sleep until after 1am. (I think we were both excited and anxious)
Tuesday April 24, 2012 started for us at 5am. We got up, got ready and left the house at 5:30am. We arrived at the hospital at about 5:50am. (Daddy, Mommy, and Aunt Keesha) Aunt Kenzi stayed home with Big sister Kimberly. After getting to the hospital I was set up with my monitors to watch the baby and my contractions and my I.V. At around 6 am Maga and Papa showed up soon followed by Grandma Patti and Grandpa Jared. We were all there and ready. Around 715am the Anesthesiologist came in to ask me a few questions and let me know what was going to happen when we got back to the OR. At around 725am Dr. Rappleye walked in and made sure everything was good with me and told me he would see me in the OR. The nurse then told me I was going to walk back to the OR and Jeremy was to get his nice blue suit on.




 After getting back to the OR I sat down on a 2x4 table (ok it just felt that way!) and the anest. started putting my spinal tap(this is just a shot in my back I did not have to have the epidural that stays in your back) in. I was kind of sad Jeremy wasn't there but it didn't end up being to bad. It defiantly started working pretty much right away. (my left leg was numb before I even laid down all the way). After laying me down I instantly started feeling sick and had to throw up.  (I guess it is because my heart rate dropped fast) Jeremy was brought in shortly after and was sat down right by my head. By this time I was pretty comfortable and really relaxed. They started the c-section and it felt weird to be as numb as I was. After a time they said it was almost time and then said "there is going to be a lot of pressure!"  then almost instantly told Jeremy to stand up and at 757am I heard Jeremy say "its a GIRL!" I couldn't believe how fast she was out. Dr. Rappleye then brought her around the curtain for me to see before handing her off to the nurse. Jeremy then went over to take some pictures of our new baby girl. It was nice to be so awake and actually get to experience most of what was going on. Jeremy then brought her over to me all wrapped up. She was so perfect and I couldn't believe she was here. He also informed me that she weighed 7 lbs 11oz and was 21 in. long.



 After the doctor was done we headed back to the recovery room for everyone to meet our little baby girl. We spent about an hour or so in the recovery room where I got to have skin on skin time with her and breastfeed. She was a champ and latched on right away. We then headed up stairs to my room for the next 3 or 4 days.
Great Grandma and Grandpa Dyches came right when we were heading up to our room so they didn't get much time with the baby. After we got to the room Jeremy headed to the nursery with the baby to give her, her first bath. Most the family went to watch at the window. Then slowly family started heading home.
When the baby was done with her bath Jeremy headed home to get Kimberly and bring her up to meet her new baby sister.




 Kimberly wasn't to sure when she first walked in but then after we put the baby in her arms she was excited. She was so cute with her and I felt emotional seeing my two baby girls together. Kimberly went back to our house with Maga and Papa. Jeremy and I  spent the rest of the day going threw the baby name book and discussing what name we wanted to give our new baby girl. The next morning we officially decided on Alexandria Marie Coon. Now we are officially a family of Four!!!!








1 comment:

Janica said...

I LOVE the picture of Kimberly standing on the chair looking over Jeremy's sholder at Ali! So cute! I can't wait to come over and see Kimberly as a big sister, and of course to see Ali again. Such a cute family! :)